Re: Convert table into partitioned table (Fast)

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 13:23:32 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 6, 4:57 am, mc..._at_hotmail.com wrote:
> > > How would you achieve that..?
>
> > INSERT INTO ... SELECT * FROM ....;
> > --
> > Daniel A. Morgan
>
> My question was:  is there a faster way to convert to a partitioned
> table than "insert into .... select * from ....".  I don't think you
> read my post.

If the append hint and Steve's suggestion don't do it for you, perhaps you can do the poor man's parallelization: do a bunch of insert to select froms into tables with appropriate where clauses, and exchange each of those for partitions. Not that I've ever tried it.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://asert.arbornetworks.com/2008/02/internet-routing-insecuritypakistan-nukes-youtube/