Re: Delete behaviour

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 05:06:08 -0800

Serge Rielau wrote:

> Maxim Demenko wrote:

>> Notes on Updatable Views
>> For a DELETE statement, if the join results in more than one key-
>> preserved table, then Oracle Database deletes from the first table
>> named in the FROM clause, whether or not the view was created WITH
>> CHECK OPTION.

> Anything I could write now would start a flame, so I won't.

Next time you are in San Jose for dinner ....

I hopefully won't write anything that will invite you to post what you were considering ... but personally I am a bit tired of the ANSI standard nonsense as an argument about just about anything.

If every product had the same syntax and the same behavior the only criterion for choosing product A over product B would be price. And that is not what our industry needs ... we need substantive choices.

The behavior is documented and those who are professionals read the docs. Those that don't use products sold by a third vendor. <g>

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor