Re: primary 64-bit with a logical 32-bit standby?

From: Pete <pmussomeli_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 13:02:51 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 3, 3:49 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> Pete wrote:
> > I want to know if this is possible for cost concerns. Is it possible
> > to have a 64-bit primary instance with a logical standby that is 32-
> > bit?
>
> What is the difference in cost? You probably can't find a 32bit
> server motherboard anymore. The operating system is free: Linux.
> And Oracle certainly doesn't charge by the bit.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
> University of Washington

cost, meaning what it would cost to upgrade my current environment. i have 1 box which is 64-bit ready, and 2 physical standby's that are not 64-bit ready, meaning i'd have to replace those standby machines. that's going to cost me a ton.

i want to know if it's possible to convert my physical standby's to logical standby's and not have to upgrade the OS/Oracle.

i thought it was a simple question... Received on Mon Mar 03 2008 - 15:02:51 CST

Original text of this message