Re: Incremental Commits and Disappearing Sessions

From: joel garry <>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 10:51:10 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 2, 6:44 pm, "Dereck L. Dietz" <> wrote:
> Just wondering, can you post a copy of the server's SQLNET.ORA file?
> In one of your previous posts, you indicated that you saw "Got
> ORA-3135 while running PLSQL" in one of Oracle's trace files.
> ORA-3135, I believe, means that the server lost contact with the
> session. Settings in the SQLNET.ORA file, such as sqlnet.expire_time,
> may contribute to that error message, possibly due to a bug (see
> Metalink to see if it applies in your case).
> ---
> I mentioned this to our "DBA" and his response was that the SQLNET.ORA file
> was a "client" file.
> I was finally able to get an error logged and the error WAS the ORA-03135
> error which points to the SQLNET.ORA. I checked the client configuration
> and there is no SQLNET.ORA files configured for the client.
> Would not having an SQLNET.ORA on the server cause problems (assuming there
> isn't one configured which I don't know since I don't have access to the
> server itself)?

Having one might: and see bug 5607984.

Now, those are probably not your problems... but it is possible that there are related problems, since Oracle has to assume defaults - and there are definitely problems with server side expire time.

-- is bogus.
"This place is great! It's like the Internet - but it's real." -
Excited child at grand opening of new Encinitas library.  It has wifi
on a deck overlooking the ocean, too.