Re: Adding days past weekend

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 09:20:12 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 29, 1:19 pm, "fitzjarr..._at_cox.net" <fitzjarr..._at_cox.net> wrote:
> On Feb 29, 3:14 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
>

> > On Feb 29, 11:59 am, DJH <NOS..._at_NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
>
> > >     I would like to add 5 days to sysdate to form a date. That would be
> > > easy. But I would like to add 5 days to sysdate but roll to the next
> > > week day if sysdate+5 falls on a weekend. What would be even nicer if
> > > there was a simple way to add days past federal American holidays was
> > > well. For now the 1st solution would suffice.
>
> > > Thanks
>
> > In addition to what David said, try searching for holiday calendar on
> > orafaq.com.
>
> > Seehttp://www.dbaoracle.net/readme-cdos.htmforposting hints.
>
> > jg
> > --
> > @home.com is bogus.http://www.wired.com/politics/law/news/2008/02/blind_hacker
>
> Well, shucks, I can give him that link:
>
> http://www.opm.gov/Operating_Status_Schedules/fedhol/Index.asp
>
> Federal holiday calendars through 2010.
>
> David Fitzjarrell

:-)

Actually, I wasn't so specific because I thought the Easter code was pretty interesting, and perhaps others would see that and be interested too.

One place I contracted at I incorrectly thought they had MLK day off [blush]. Different school districts near where I live had different interpretations of which days to take off for Presidents day this year - Friday/Monday, Monday/Tuesday, Monday only...

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
All lenders now ask if you've ever walked away, duh.  http://youwalkaway.com/