Re: Help: Which Grid Control should I use?

From: <>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 07:03:05 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 29, 10:51 pm, wrote:
> Dear group,
> I have some oracle 9208 databases on windows(32bit), some oracle
> database on linux(32 bit) and our new database is Oracle
> 10.2.03 on Linux(64 bit).
> My question is,
> 1) do I have to use Oracle grid control 64 bit, or it does not
> matter?
> 2) for the agent for the client, should it be 32 bit or 64 bit? shold
> it be or for database?
> 3) for windows agent, should it be 9i agent or 10g agent? 32 bit or 64
> bit?
> Thanks very much for your help.

If you want to setup EM grid control you need the 10G agent. The bit level will be dependent upon your O/S (32 on the Win boxes and 64 on the *nix). You'll also end up needing a database to house all of the grid control information. Make sure you download the latest version of the agents--there were some bugs early on. Received on Mon Mar 03 2008 - 09:03:05 CST

Original text of this message