Re: SQLNET.ORA

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 00:06:02 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 3, 5:11 am, "Dereck L. Dietz" <diet..._at_ameritech.net> wrote:
> Oracle 10.2.0.3.0
> Windows 2003 Server
>
> This is a simple question but I just want both a sanity check and something
> in print I can point to to my management.
>
> Is the SQLNET.ORA file a client or server side file?
>
> Thanks.

Both. On the server side, this file may specify various tracing parameters, DCD (dead connection detection) timeout via SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME, send/receive timeouts via SQLNET.SEND_TIMEOUT and SQLNET.RECV_TIMEOUT, authentication, client node validation (TCP.INVITED_NODES, TCP.EXCLUDED_NODES and TCP_VALIDNODE_CHECKING,) encryption, and a few more things. Net Services Reference documents all SQLNET.ORA parameters:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/network.102/b14213/sqlnet.htm

Hth,

   Vladimir M. Zakharychev
   N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)    http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Mon Mar 03 2008 - 02:06:02 CST