Re: parent key not found error

From: Jayesh.M <me.jayesh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 01:41:35 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 29, 2:38 pm, Mladen Gogala <mgog..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 21:56:41 -0800, Bhavin wrote:
> > Hello Group,
>
> > I m Bhavin Goradiya learning oracle.
> > when i importing data from backup it gives error "parent key not found".
> > Please help me. i'm very confused regarding this error.
>
> Can you ask your parents for the car key? The error says that
> you shouldn't be trying to start your father's car without the key.
> You should speak the key, the whole key and nothing but the key.
>
> --
> Mladen Gogalahttp://mgogala.freehostia.com

Hi,

There is lots ways to solve tihs issue

1.) Take all the creation csript from sourse database
2.) Create the schema using sctipt in destination
3.) disable all referantial keys in destination
4.) take the export giving condition 'constrains=y'
5.) Import this in destination schema
6.) enable all the keys

2 solution

Study the relationship in your schema and take export of each table and import in the order of relationship

Regards,
Jayesh M Received on Sat Mar 01 2008 - 03:41:35 CST

Original text of this message