Varchar2

From: <amerar_at_iwc.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:30:04 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I'm looking around for opinions.

We're running Oracle 10g, we have the need now for a VARCHAR2 column with 6000 characters. I know the standard thing is to create a LOB column.

We have not LOB column in our database. I have 2 options here:

The first is to create 2 columns, and, use a function on SELECT and a trigger in INSERT to split or concatenate the string.

The second is to use a LOB column, and if I do that, it may have to be compatible with PHP, as PHP may be selecting the data......maybe.

So, I'm looking for opinions on people who have done this, or used LOB columns, since we never have....

Thanks! Received on Fri Feb 29 2008 - 18:30:04 CST

Original text of this message