Re: "Last Call Time" in Enterprise Manager

From: Robert Klemme <shortcutter_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 08:57:53 -0800 (PST)

On 28 Feb., 14:51, Steve Howard <stevedhow..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 28, 7:43 am, Robert Klemme <shortcut..._at_googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > on the session details page there is an entry "last call time" in
> > category "application" (top right). I was not able to find a
> > definition of this measure in Oracle documentation or the web. Our
> > current theory is, that this is the complete time from receiving a
> > request (end of "SQL*Net message from client" wait) until all data was
> > sent back to the user (start of next "SQL*Net message from client"
> > wait). Unfortunately we cannot employ tracing at the moment so we
> > cannot verify this theory at the moment. Can someone shed some light
> > on this?
>
> > Bonus question: as it seems to be a known fact that some of the
> > metrics that EM presents cannot be trusted (at least not all the
> > time), is this value trustworthy according to your experience?
>
> I honestly don't know, but my first guess would be that it's the same
> as the LAST_CALL_ET column in GV$SESSION?

Thanks! You mean:

LAST_CALL_ET NUMBER If the session STATUS is currently ACTIVE, then the value represents the elapsed time in seconds since the session has become active.

If the session STATUS is currently INACTIVE, then the value represents the elapsed time in seconds since the session has become inactive.

Could be - and it would explain the unusual high values. I'd say the naming then is a bit misleading...

Btw, I just notice I forgot version info: 10.2.0.2.0 on HP-UX B.11.11 U (64).

Kind regards

robert Received on Thu Feb 28 2008 - 10:57:53 CST

Original text of this message