Re: "Write once-Read many" table ?

From: <jm.scheiwiler_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 08:23:16 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 28, 2:46 pm, Mladen Gogala <mgog..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 03:17:19 -0800, jm.scheiwiler wrote:
> >> You have to trust your DBA. That's the bottom line.
>
> >> --http://mgogala.freehostia.com
>
> > The thing is, I am the dba.
> > I trust myself but that's not enough
>
> So, who else, besides you, can do grants & revokes?
>
> --
> Mladen Gogalahttp://mgogala.freehostia.com

In fact, business management want to be sure that a line inserted will never be changed, by anyone.
They would like a feature to ensure that. Something that would be guaranteed by construction in the database, guaranteed by oracle ...

I ask the question on their behalf.

Thanks Received on Thu Feb 28 2008 - 10:23:16 CST

Original text of this message