Re: How secure is ASM? any encryption possible?

From: <gpdamr_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:50:52 -0800 (PST)

Thanks,

I agree to an extent.
Where there is a will there is a way.

As all laptops have trusted computing platfotm enabled bios's and embassy trust suite software. I could use seagate momentus 5400 drives or one of the new Hitachi/IBM drives that support hardware encryption of disk at full speed with chip in the disk. seems laptop hard drive hardware encryption at disk speed is about to become standard.
Laptops came with embassy trust suite.

Will probably need a project to encrypt at column level any sensitive fields.

What I am trying to ascertain first of all is how easy dat stored on asm partition is to rip off/read if the disk is stolen. Slightly harder and a bit more knowledge required compared to having the db on a windows NTFS disk. Received on Wed Feb 27 2008 - 17:50:52 CST

Original text of this message