Re: 9i performance tuning - is this of relevance to 10g

From: Mark D Powell <>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 06:17:50 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 27, 8:55 am, (obakesan) wrote:
> Hi
> just wondering if (when selecting a training course) if I should also take a
> module on performance tuning of 9i. However if its no longer significantly
> relevant to 10g then I'll not :-)
> See Ya
> (when bandwidth gets better ;-)
> Chris Eastwood
> Photographer, Programmer
> Motorcyclist and dingbat
> please remove undies for reply

The answer might depend on whose course you are talking about and what how the course is offered: class room, online, CD, etc....

Generally speaking many 9i tuning issues and methods still exist in 10g though there are new methods, issues, parameter changes, and features in 10g that make some information obsolete.

How to chose what to take probably depends on which version of Oracle do you mostly support and how long before you work mostly in the higher version.

Ash yourself how long before you can put the information to work?

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Feb 27 2008 - 08:17:50 CST

Original text of this message