Oracle RAC and jobs on one only Oracle only

From: <jharbour7_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:19:33 -0800 (PST)

Hello

At my company we are having consultants install Oracle and other things and software they have write. I am using Oracle but learning (with SQL Developer from Oracle).

In our training session today they said we are installing Oracle RAC 10.2G because Oracle Text will perform the indexes on one Oracle and the other one will be for our webservers and nothing else and run fast. They said things run much slower if only one Oracle is installed which makes sense.

Is this right.

Also the two Oracles will be running on two different computers.

My other query is for some Oracle jobs that send out email every week. How can you only the Oracle jobs on one Oracle to run so you only get one email. If the email job runs on both Oracles we would get two emails. The consultant did not know the answer.

Excuse my English please.

Jon Received on Mon Feb 25 2008 - 14:19:33 CST

Original text of this message