incremental backup after upgrade

From: <>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 06:50:19 -0800 (PST)

We upgraded from to this weekend. We are on Solaris 64 version. How are incremental copies affected by upgrades or patches?

For our backup process we use a rolling forward image copy backup. I bascially use a process similar to that listed in the "Backup and Recovery Basic" guide.

run {
  recover copy of database with tag "incr_update" until time 'sysdate -3'
  Backup incremental level 1 for recover of copy with tag 'incr_update' database

I started a new tag, but wondered if that is necessary? If so, does the same apply for loading CPU patches? Received on Mon Feb 25 2008 - 08:50:19 CST

Original text of this message