incremental backup after upgrade

From: <jernigam_at_nospam.kochind.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 06:50:19 -0800 (PST)

We upgraded from 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.3 this weekend. We are on Solaris 64 version. How are incremental copies affected by upgrades or patches?

For our backup process we use a rolling forward image copy backup. I bascially use a process similar to that listed in the "Backup and Recovery Basic" guide.

run {
  recover copy of database with tag "incr_update" until time 'sysdate -3'
  Backup incremental level 1 for recover of copy with tag 'incr_update' database
}

I started a new tag, but wondered if that is necessary? If so, does the same apply for loading CPU patches? Received on Mon Feb 25 2008 - 08:50:19 CST

Original text of this message