Re: finding solution 4 this Special DeadLock

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 11:23:39 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 23, 2:43 am, meysam.khaya..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> hi again
> thanks Yong Huang
> yes !!!! deadlock detected with your test
> now i know what should i sreach to solve problem in Application
> but i don't understand one thing:
> if i don't use Autonomous i have no error in my application
> wheras with it deadLock detected but session Id and process Id of RR
> Lock holding and RR lock waiting is same !!
> thanks again

I don't understand your last part. You mean, you want to know why the session (or process) waits for the same type of lock held by itself when autonomous transaction is used? An autonomous transaction is a separate transaction created by this same session. It's prone to deadlocks if the code is not written properly. Did you find a case on Metalink about this problem for your Oracle Applications module?

Yong Huang Received on Sun Feb 24 2008 - 13:23:39 CST

Original text of this message