Re: certification and the jobs market

From: Helma <>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 04:14:04 -0800 (PST)

On 22 feb, 12:02, (obakesan) wrote:
> Hi
> there's a place in India doing certification for 9i (called koenig) I've
> been considering this pathway, but after reading one post a moment ago I'm not
> not so sure if it'd be a benefit if the market is no longer
> interested in 9i certification.
> Clearly this is an older platform, and so spending a coupla grand on the cert
> might not be a worth while venture.
> My reason for doing the cert was to bring myself up to speed on Oracle after
> being out of Oracle for a few years. I thought that with several years
> developing on PL/SQL and ProC as well as recent DBA certification it might
> assist me getting into a DBA position.
> thoughts and opinions welcome
> See Ya
> (when bandwidth gets better ;-)
> Chris Eastwood
> Photographer, Programmer
> Motorcyclist and dingbat

I'm not aware about the situation in India, but you seem to wonder if there are arguments to do a 10g certification in stead of an oracle9 one. I would do the opposite: wonder if there are arguments to do a 9 certification. An oracle10 cert will last longer, and it's IMHO easier to administer a 9 with a 10 cert, than vise versa. But that's my view.

> please remove undies for reply

you wish. Received on Fri Feb 22 2008 - 06:14:04 CST

Original text of this message