Re: Oracle support is just cracking me up

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 13:05:30 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 21, 1:51 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
> On Feb 21, 4:27 am, hpuxrac <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > I have had an SR with an open bug for 5/6 months now ( more I guess it
> > was opened 11 JUL 07 6387612.993 ).
>
> > Nothing really happening on this for a very long time.
>
> > Just today I get an indication that they want to close my SR because
> > well they want to close my bug as a duplicate of another bug ( did
> > they ask me?  did they do anything to really prove it was really a
> > duplicate?  ... not so much unfortunately ).
>
> > So now they say my SR will close because the bug which mine is a
> > duplicate of ( unproven ) will be fixed in 10.2.0.5.
>
> > However 10.2.0.4 is not even shipping yet ... so if they have
> > fixes ... shouldn't they go out in 10.2.0.4?
>
> Aaaaaa, don't slow it down!  :-)
>
> But seriously, it says right there in red letters on the 10.2.0.4 list
> of bug fixes, those are just ones expected to be fixed.  In my
> opinion, even though it sometimes looks as though they don't even try
> to run things before shipping them, they still must do a lot of QA and
> integration testing, which takes time.  Just 'cause some developers
> know the fix doesn't mean it's ready for the big time, someone has to
> say "this is the limit, no more until the next set," and sometimes
> "that one just is too brain-damaged."  While someone else says "that's
> the last set, they should upgrade..."
>
> I have no knowledge, but no doubt, that sometimes the developers or
> support analysts must just be saying "it's a dup" without having to
> prove it.  Some of the bug reports sure give that impression, though.
>
> Thanks for making me look and see a few scattered references to
> 10.2.0.5, not that that means it will ever appear.
>
> "...(lunar) calendar pages start flipping" lol!
>
> jg
> --
> @home.com is bogus.http://www.power-of-attorneys.com/StupidLawsuit.htm

hpuxrac, they used to close the SR I opened due to time lapse without the problem re-occurring. Then a couple of months later the same problem would re-occur. New SR. This one would get closed with note to reopen if problems happens again after our scheduled upgrade. Then after the upgrade when the error appeared once again we had to open another new SR. Repeat process.

  • Mark D Powell --