Help: Create file system on a shared disk

From: <cs3526_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 05:39:00 -0800 (PST)

Dear Group,

Are there anybody here also storage group/SAN box expert?

We are building a RAC on linux (10202). We have a huge lun(1000G), connected to all the nodes. I need a file system just for one nodes, so I created a partition out of this Lun(100G) and mounted this partition only to node 1(Lets say partition 1). And leave the rest of the lun for a ASM disk.

Our consultant tells me that this will cause a lot of problems. The asm filess on another partition on the same lun will be corrupted, and OS will be corrupted.

Is this true? While I understand other node will see partition 1, they do not have mount point to this partition, and how can this corrupt ASM disk on another partition, how can this further to corrupt my OS?

Your help is highly appreciated. Received on Thu Feb 21 2008 - 07:39:00 CST

Original text of this message