Oracle support is just cracking me up

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 04:27:16 -0800 (PST)

I have had an SR with an open bug for 5/6 months now ( more I guess it was opened 11 JUL 07 6387612.993 ).

Nothing really happening on this for a very long time.

Just today I get an indication that they want to close my SR because well they want to close my bug as a duplicate of another bug ( did they ask me? did they do anything to really prove it was really a duplicate? ... not so much unfortunately ).

So now they say my SR will close because the bug which mine is a duplicate of ( unproven ) will be fixed in 10.2.0.5.

However 10.2.0.4 is not even shipping yet ... so if they have fixes ... shouldn't they go out in 10.2.0.4? Received on Thu Feb 21 2008 - 06:27:16 CST

Original text of this message