Re: Character Set Scanner (csscan)

From: joel garry <>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 13:21:13 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 20, 12:42 pm, Tom76 <> wrote:
> Was anybody able to download Character Set Scanner (csscan).
> As per note, metalink Note 225938.1, it can be downloaded at
> But the file I downloaded is not usable. Tried few times.
> Can anybody download it. and see you are able to untar the file.

Worked ok for Winblows, for hp-ux I tried saving it to my pc, it came out as a tar.tar file, tried ascii and binary ftp's to hp-ux, both would give checksum errors with tar tvf.

But this worked:

Save to PC.
ftp to hp-ux with binary mode
mv the file from *tar.tar to *tar.Z
uncompress *tar
tar tvf the resulting tar file gives a good listing.

I didn't try it to see if it actually executes. It may help if you give your platform/version!

-- is bogus.,1,4656862.story?page=1&ctrack=1&cset=true