PL/SQL or SQL in the middle tier?

From: The House Dawg <mhousema_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:10:52 -0800 (PST)

Folks,

I work for a Fortune 50 company and we currently have millions of PL/ SQL code in production. Recently, there has been an initiative launched by our DBA's to have software engineers move the PL/SQL out of the database and move it into the middle tier.

Does this make sense to anyone? I realize that SOX could be playing a part in this because it's difficult to debug a production issue when developers must be granted temporary execute privilege on the various stored procedures and stored functions to debug the issue.

I can think of many reasons *NOT* to do this.

TIA for any and all feedback.

Matt Received on Wed Feb 20 2008 - 13:10:52 CST

Original text of this message