Re: Out of control TEMP tablespace

From: trub3101 <>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 04:15:54 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 20, 11:54 am, trub3101 <> wrote:
> Hi Gurus,
> Unfortunately, in our LIVE database the TEMP tablespace is set as
> UNLIMITED for max size with autoextend on.
> The tablespace was originally sized for 1000 MB but in the space of a
> few days has grown to over 25000 MB as a result of this my filesystem
> where this temp file is based is creaking!
> A couple of things;
> a) How can I reset the TEMP tablespace back so that it only grows to a
> more manageable size without bouncing the database?
> b) How do I decipher what caused this considerable growth in such a
> short space of time?
> Cheers,
> tb3101

Okay. Just as I thought I will either need to create a new default temporary tablespace and drop the old one at which point I can either rebuild the old one and make it the default again or just leave the default as the new one.

Or I can just drop the tempfile for the temp tablespace and create another one (9i and higher!)

Either way it suggests that noone should be using the database when I am doing this. Bah!

Although, in the first scenario this seems somewhat precautionary as a default temp tablespace will always be present!

tb3101 Received on Wed Feb 20 2008 - 06:15:54 CST

Original text of this message