Out of control TEMP tablespace

From: trub3101 <trub3101_at_sky.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 03:54:20 -0800 (PST)

Hi Gurus,

Unfortunately, in our LIVE database the TEMP tablespace is set as UNLIMITED for max size with autoextend on. The tablespace was originally sized for 1000 MB but in the space of a few days has grown to over 25000 MB as a result of this my filesystem where this temp file is based is creaking!

A couple of things;

  1. How can I reset the TEMP tablespace back so that it only grows to a more manageable size without bouncing the database?
  2. How do I decipher what caused this considerable growth in such a short space of time?

Cheers,

tb3101 Received on Wed Feb 20 2008 - 05:54:20 CST

Original text of this message