Re: Problem installing Oracle 11g on Windows XP Professional SP2

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 20:51:42 +0100

gnewsgroup wrote:

> OK, the package was unzipped to
>
> D:\software\win32_11gR1_database
>
> There are no spaces in the folder names as you see.

I take it the problem did not disappear?

> I don't understand what firewall could block java.
Some XP programs block executables they do not know. these programs are known to a lot of people as Personal Firewalls. I cannot tell your level of computer experience, nor are you a regular, so I try to keep it simple.

Indeed firewalls do not block local programs from executing.

If you still have the same problem, try launching the install.exe from the win32 install directory (I think - no Windows here...)

Search the archives - this is not the first time this has been discussed here, generally, but seems new for 11g.

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting in UseNet newsgroups is one way to shut me up