Re: finding solution 4 this Special DeadLock

From: <meysam.khayatan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 23:53:10 -0800 (PST)

Hi again
i don't think my deadlock graph is easy as seems to solve and analyse!!
i describe my problem again:
1) process # 211 hold table in row share mode lock so blocked it 2) process # 371 want to hold table in exclusive mode lock but it blocked so process # 371 goes to wait mode ! 3) process # 211 want to hold table in row share mode lock again but it blocked by itself so goes to wait mode !

   (as you see it hold this table in row share mode then why again needed it and why goes to wait?????)
4) process # 371 again want to hold table in exclusive mode so goes to wait mode again!!!

actually i think process # 211 blocked table itself and wait for itself !!!
i know concept of DeadLock but i can't understand this deadlock graph i found very deadlock article but none of them can't help me to understand and analyse it,

this is my deadlock graph in correct display:(changed space character with underLine character)

Waiter(s)---------
Resource_Name_______process_session_holds_waits_process_session_holds_waits
TM-0000aa04-00000000_371______901___________X_____211_____940___________SS
TM-0000aa04-00000000_211______940_____SS__________371_____901___________X

Best Regards Received on Sun Feb 17 2008 - 01:53:10 CST

Original text of this message