Re: gc quiesce

From: K Gopalakrishnan <>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 08:27:43 -0800 (PST)

> Sometimes the execution blocks when INSERTing data to dictionary
> during stats recomputing, sometimes it is the first multi table insert
> ( in randomly choosed job in the sequence ) that causes the problem.
> Any idea what causes this random 'gc quiesce' event blocks ?

How much time you are waiting on the 'gc quiesce' wait event? This wait event is a very rare occurance in normal environment and hence not documented in my 'Wait Interface' or RAC book.

A session usually waits on 'gc quiesce' wait event (for a very short time) during either checking the lock status on the resoure or dumping the lock elements (which are exposed in X$LE). I would discount the LE dump case here and investigate in the check LE status.

Mladen's educated guess is pretty close. You might be waiting on remastering of the resources... Do you care to show the top 5 clusterwaits during the 'gc quiesce' wait period?

-Gopal Received on Sat Feb 16 2008 - 10:27:43 CST

Original text of this message