Re: DBID for RMAN backup with format '%u'

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 18:33:02 +0100

Carlos wrote:
> Hi Frank:
>
> Sorry if I've not been so clear:
>
> New Server (old is lost), New Database (old is lost), backupsets
> without the backuppieces for spfile & controlfile (I guess they were
> made with CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP ON, but these backuppieces are lost).
>
> So I tried to CATALOG BACKUPPIECE and then RMAN complain about the
> DBID.
What gazzag said - just reinstall the software, and restore. Do *not* create a database!

But it does explain the error... Just shows to never leave out any detail - I took it for granted you started with a clean slate...

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting in UseNet newsgroups is one way to shut me up