Re: DBID for RMAN backup with format '%u'

From: Carlos <miotromailcarlos_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 00:10:25 -0800 (PST)

On 12 feb, 20:08, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bor..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Carlos wrote:
> > I have the DBID, but I have not a backup piece with controlfile or
> > spfile to recover from.
>
> > Tried CATALOG BACKUPPIECE, but RMAN says the DBID is different from
> > the target database...
>
> > Cheers.
>
> > Carlos.
>
> I'm lost - how can RMAN complain about *any* DBID when you
> have not restored *anything*?!?
> --
>
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel
>
> Top-posting in UseNet newsgroups is one way to shut me up

Hi Frank:

Sorry if I've not been so clear:

New Server (old is lost), New Database (old is lost), backupsets without the backuppieces for spfile & controlfile (I guess they were made with CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP ON, but these backuppieces are lost).

So I tried to CATALOG BACKUPPIECE and then RMAN complain about the DBID. Cheers.

Carlos. Received on Wed Feb 13 2008 - 02:10:25 CST

Original text of this message