Re: 11i Market Share

From: <>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 06:56:35 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 7, 6:24 pm, DA Morgan <> wrote:
> wrote:
> > This is a simple question, but I cannot seem to find an answer through
> > Google.
> > Roughly how many shops run 11i?  Is it 20 thousand, 50 thousand, or
> > what?  I know the answer can vary because some companies run different
> > releases.
> > Does anyone have any data on the rough numbers, and how does SAP
> > compare?
> Are you talking about just financials? Or any part of the Vision
> database including clinical, manufacturing, collections, distribution,
> etc.?
> Release 11i is not just one application.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
> University of Washington
> (replace x with u to respond)
> Puget Sound Oracle Users

Sorry to be vague. I assume somewhere there is a breakdown by module. I am sure Oracle tries to keep this secret, and people like Gartner have some numbers. I was curious about the raw numbers.

How many people run financials (a least one module)? I know an exact number is impossible, because some shops run with no support (10.7), but what is a ballpark?

Thank you. Received on Tue Feb 12 2008 - 08:56:35 CST

Original text of this message