Re: DBMS_SPACE_ADMIN.TABLESPACE_MIGRATE_TO_LOCAL

From: Anurag Varma <avoracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 08:21:57 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 11, 10:47 am, Ben <benal..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> 10.2.0.2 Ent Ed
>
> I've read some posts in the past that damned and condemmed the use of
> this package, they were a few years old though. Just wondered what the
> general consensus is on this package now, if it has changed at all?
> I've got a 600G database that has been upgraded from 8.1.6->9.2.0.5->10.2.0.2 and uses mostly DMT except for the handful of objects that I
>
> have managed to migrate via alter table move or exp/imp. Lots of small
> and large extents.

The opinion on this package has not changed. However, if you cannot move the objects
to a real LMT tablespace, then you should use this package to convert an
existing tablespace from DMT to LMT. It might be time consuming to do it though.
However, at least it will still be beneficial than just leaving the tablespace
as DMT.

Anurag Received on Mon Feb 11 2008 - 10:21:57 CST

Original text of this message