Re: DBID for RMAN backup with format '%u'

From: Carlos <miotromailcarlos_at_netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 02:28:16 -0800 (PST)

On 11 feb, 11:19, sybrandb <sybra..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 10, 7:42 pm, Carlos <miotromailcar..._at_netscape.net> wrote:
>

> > On 10 feb, 19:38, Carlos <miotromailcar..._at_netscape.net> wrote:
>
> > > Hi all:
>
> > > I've been given two backups from an Oracle Database: one 'cold' and
> > > one 'hot'. They both come from a lost server.
>
> > > The fact is that they have been made with the format '%u' (eight
> > > alphanumerics) and I must recover the database on a new server. I
> > > cannot get the DBID from the backup files name because of this format
> > > '%u'.
>
> > > How can I get the DBID to recover the DB on a new server?
>
> > > Thanks in advance.
>
> > > Cheers.
>
> > > Carlos.
>
> > I forgot:
>
> > This is Oracle 10.2.0.3 on Enterprise Linux 5.
>
> > The backups have been made with AUTOBACKUP ON (or so I'm told).
>
> > TIA.
>
> > Cheers.
>
> > Carlos.- Hide quoted text -

> In that case there is a separate backup of the controlfile. It always
> Please find it.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

Thanks Sybrand, I knew that, but the only files I've been given are the ones I reported (As I said, the original server is gone).

Anyway, RMAN includes the current controlfile and spfile in backup set when the datafile 1 is included in the backup (which is the case).

Is there any way to get the DBID to restore the backups onto another server?

TIA. Cheers.

Carlos. Received on Mon Feb 11 2008 - 04:28:16 CST

Original text of this message