Re: Convert SAP Oracle Database to IBM DB2 Database??

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:15:13 -0800

Serge Rielau wrote:
> Noons wrote:

>> On Feb 9, 5:43 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
>>
>>> There are no schools that teach DB2, no universities, no colleges, no
>>> trade schools, etc. And if you offered a DB2 class at the university
>>
>> I'd settle for finding ONE book
>> about it in the bookshops over here...
>>
>> ONE single book.

> Welcome to the internet age:
> http://www.redbooks.ibm.com
>
> Cost to you: zero dollars
> Value: Priceless
>
> Search for Oracle, or DB2, or .. pick your stuff. Download PDF.
>
> Cheers
> Serge

Pick up a copy of any of Tom Kyte's books. There is no PDF file that is in the same genre. How about any of the books written by Jonathan Lewis? Cary Millsap? Any resource even remotely approaching my little Library? Surely you don't think the next generation of DB2 DBAs and developers are going to learn their trade from PDF files.

Truth is those files cost exactly what they are worth unless they are accompanied by a substantial dose of tribal knowledge and experience.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor