Re: Automatic Shared Memory Management

From: DA Morgan <>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:01:54 -0800
> I write an essay about Automatic Shared Memory Management in Oracle
> 10g
> and I'm looking more information about it. I've found
> some white papers on oracle's site, but I think it's
> not enough for me. I was wondering what is the algorithm that
> monitors the distribution of memory and changes it as needed.
> Does ASMM takes the advantage of Oracle's snapshots and performance
> views?
> A lot of thanks
> Adam

Anyone that can answer your question will lose their job if they give you the answer or be sued by Oracle.

I don't know what you're writing but I highly doubt getting that information is essential for anything other than academic interest or for use by a competitor.

Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group