Re: Convert SAP Oracle Database to IBM DB2 Database??

From: Mark Townsend <>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 04:58:38 GMT

Serge Rielau wrote:

> Are logs compressed?

Not compressed separately, if that's what you mean. We will compress them when transmitting to a standby if the network is not able to keep up with the transmission rate.

> What about the pages in the buffer pool? We found
> that the effective doubling in bufferpool has significant impact on
> either cost of the system (reduced main memory requirements) or
> performance (better hit ratio).

Will look forward to seeing compression used in some of the TPC's then ? Received on Fri Feb 08 2008 - 22:58:38 CST

Original text of this message