Re: Convert SAP Oracle Database to IBM DB2 Database??

From: The Boss <usenet_at_No.Spam.Please.invalid>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 00:34:27 +0100

DA Morgan wrote:

> Serge Rielau wrote:
>> DA Morgan wrote:

You're still experimenting in 10g after telling the world to move to 11g a.s.a.p.?

You didn't study DB2's compression before comparing it with Oracle's? That makes your claims even more unsubstantiated and even biased.

>>> I would but there is a rather substantial problem: Chris Eaton's
>>> understanding of Oracle compression appears to not even include
>>> the marketing materials much less the rather substantial discussion
>>> of the concepts and architecture.

Mark T. from Oracle Marketing seems to disagree with you ...

>>> What I'm saying is that it is not just superficial ... from a
>>> technical point-of-view it is mostly incorrect. He needs to learn
>>> how to read the
>>> on-line docs.
>> Well the nice thing about BLOGs is the ability to give feedback.
>> You are a teacher, no? Teach!
>>
>> Cheers
>> Serge
>
> Teach someone from IBM? I wouldn't presume to do such a thing.

So much for your claim of being an "independent instructor" ...

Afraid he will teach you a lesson or two about DB2 compression? (or maybe even Oracle's ...)

--
Jeroen