Re: Oracle Import and Export Strategy

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 08:09:52 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 8, 4:59 am, Cristian Cudizio <cristian.cudi..._at_yahoo.it> wrote:
> On Feb 8, 7:07 am, shantanu <shantanuse..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I would go for a full database export.  Table by table is too manual a
> > > process and so more prone to user error.
>
> > > HTH
>
> > > -g
>
> > Hi Thanks for the reply
> > The data is in tera bytes also the new version of database will have
> > some new tables and schema changes in few existing tables. Also new
> > indexes has to be created for the tables also. So will the FULL DB
> > import satusfies the requirement. Kindly assist
> > regards
> > shantanu
>
> You don't speak about which is the new version of the database. If it
> is 10g as per metalink note 132904.1
> it seems that full mode is not supported. What about SCHEMA/USER mode?
>
> Regards
>  Cristian Cudizio
>
> http://oracledb.wordpress.comhttp://cristiancudizio.wordpress.com- Hide quoted text -

Reading that note I get a different interpretation. Full export mode is supported to 10.2.0.x if the 8i database is version 8.1.7.4; not knowing which version of Oracle 8i the OP is using makes offering opinions almost useless, as he *may* be running a release where the Full database export method isn't supported.

Until the OP posts which release of Oracle 8i he's currently using any response would be guesswork, and prone to error.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Fri Feb 08 2008 - 10:09:52 CST

Original text of this message