Re: Help - customizing RDBMS_ORACLE_HOME sqlnet.ora file

From: <epokopac_at_excite.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 08:05:46 -0800 (PST)

I feel your pain, sir! Dealing with site dependent customizations on a system that generates everything it needs is NO fun.

Check under your $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil directory. There should be a <CONTEXT_NAME>.xml file that hopefully has a SQLNET_IFILE parameter in it. If you do, it's probably using your $TNS_ADMIN location and using a name like sqlnet_ifile.ora. Our <CONTEXT_NAME> is OFPR so our file is named OFPR.xml.

Your customizations would go in the sqlnet_ifile.ora file. There's nothing you can do about the AutoConfig process recreating the sqlnet.ora file each time, but AutoConfig will NOT alter the SQLNET_IFILE file. That SQLNET_IFILE parameter IS important so that AutoConfig will generate the sqlnet.ora file with an IFILE statement at the end of it.

In addition, only use the "editcontext" process (should be in $COMMON_TOP/util/editcontext) to make changes to that XML file. You DO need to run AutoConfig after "editcontext" to actually implement any changes you made to that XML file.

Hope this at least gets you pointed in the right direction. I believe they have "_IFILE" parameters available for the tnsnames.ora and listener.ora files as well.

Regards,

    Eugene Pokopac (Oracle DBA - GSFA - Tucker GA) Received on Fri Feb 08 2008 - 10:05:46 CST

Original text of this message