Re: Number of active http requests keep growing

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 11:13:35 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 6, 5:18 am, "pher" <chapk..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all
> I already posted this to comp.databases.oracle.misc, but I believe it's
> better here:
>
> in our Enterprise Manager 10g, the number of active HTTP connections and
> requests keep growing at a rate of 16/minute. I'm reaching now 60,000 and
> it's still growing. But on the server, the netstat -a command gives only
> about 200 connections, most ESTABLISHED, some TIME_WAIT. Any hint on how and
> what to search for would be appreciated.

Are you using an application server and/or a connection manager?

Please post versions of all software and hardware involved. http://www.dbaoracle.net/readme-cdos.htm

If you have somewhere you could post a picture of the EM screen, that might help too.

This group is mostly about the database server rather than the app server, but there's a few around who work with both. Apologies if I've misunderstood your post.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Anyone notice Google's stock has dropped by a third in a few months?