Re: v$session

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 13:45:05 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 5, 12:59 pm, Ben <benal..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Feb 5, 2:38 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
>

> > On Feb 5, 11:14 am, Ben <benal..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > 10.2.0.2 ent ed
>
> > > what underlying table is v_$session built on?
>
> > > create or replace public synonym v$session for v_$session;
> > > create or replace view v_$session as select * from v$session;
>
> > > These are the only ddl statements I can find related to it, they
> > > reference each other.
>
> > You can figure it out like this:
>
> > desc v$fixed_view_definition
>
> > select view_name from v$fixed_view_definition
> >   where view_name like '%SESS%';
>
> > SELECT view_definition FROM v$fixed_view_definition WHERE view_name='GV
> > $SESSION';
>
> > jg
> > --
> > @home.com is bogus.
> > What's in your database?http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_a...
>
> Thank you very much.
> So have you ever updated x$ksuse or x$ksled ?

No, I don't ever mess with x$ tables unless Oracle specifically tells me to. They have never told me to - such things tend to void support. Even just looking at such things directly requires understanding beyond anything supported. Several authors have published some interesting things about them. But you're on your own, and even the gurus have bought large systems down with simple queries. Educational, but not politic.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2008/01/27/2008-01-27_empire_state_building_car_zap_mystery.html