upgrade client on XP, how should the registry look?

From: Ben <benalvey_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 06:21:44 -0800 (PST)

We recently upgraded to 10.2.0.2 from 9.2.0.5 and with the client upgrades we uninstalled 9.2 first and then installed & patched 10.2.0.2.
We've had some random problems on an application server and with that I decided to check the registry for oracle information. I found that under local_machine->software->oracle the keys all have the old 9.2 information. There is then a sub folder local_machine->software-
>oracle->KEY_OraClient10g_1 with all the 10g information. All the
environment variables ORACLE_HOME, TNS_ADMIN, PATH have the 10g info.

Is it supposed to be required to manually remove all the 9i information from the registry? Received on Tue Feb 05 2008 - 08:21:44 CST

Original text of this message