Re: Do I have to pay to use DBMS_SQLTUNE?

From: Maxim Demenko <>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 17:23:08 +0100

Mladen Gogala schrieb:
> In Oracle11g, there is a package DBMS_SQLTUNE. Am I allowed to use
> it without further licensing cost or I have to by OEM Tuning Pack?
> --
> Mladen Gogala

Looks for me like it is a command line api to tuning pack ( and therefore requires licensing extra): <quote>
The Tuning Pack functionality can be accessed by the Enterprise Manager links as well as through the database server command-line APIs. The use of either interface requires licensing of the Tuning Pack </quote>

Command-Line APIs
Tuning Pack features can also be accessed by way of database server APIs and command-line interfaces:

       DBMS_ADVISOR, when the value of the advisor_name parameter is
either SQL Tuning Advisor or SQL Access Advisor.

Maybe somebody would correct me if i'm wrong.

Best regards

Maxim Received on Mon Feb 04 2008 - 10:23:08 CST

Original text of this message