Re: Do I have to pay to use DBMS_SQLTUNE?

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 17:23:08 +0100

Mladen Gogala schrieb:
> In Oracle11g, there is a package DBMS_SQLTUNE. Am I allowed to use
> it without further licensing cost or I have to by OEM Tuning Pack?
>

> --
> Mladen Gogala
> http://mgogala.freehostia.com

Looks for me like it is a command line api to tuning pack ( and therefore requires licensing extra):
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/license.111/b28287/options.htm#CIHFIHFG <quote>
The Tuning Pack functionality can be accessed by the Enterprise Manager links as well as through the database server command-line APIs. The use of either interface requires licensing of the Tuning Pack </quote>

<quote>
Command-Line APIs
Tuning Pack features can also be accessed by way of database server APIs and command-line interfaces:

       DBMS_SQLTUNE
       DBMS_ADVISOR, when the value of the advisor_name parameter is
either SQL Tuning Advisor or SQL Access Advisor.
       V$SQL_MONITOR
       V$SQL_PLAN_MONITOR

</quote>

Maybe somebody would correct me if i'm wrong.

Best regards

Maxim Received on Mon Feb 04 2008 - 10:23:08 CST

Original text of this message