Re: downloading 9i for linux

From: Obakesan <>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 07:53:57 GMT

In article

>I'd say that's fine for developers, probably not the best for learning
>administration. Depends on what the OP means by admin. And what kind
>of moto he rides :-)

current scoot is on the bottom of the page

sadly I sold my Ducati, might have to pick up another when I get home

by admin I mean stuff like setting up and creating backup / recovery strategys (perhaps using rman if that's still used), optimizing, managing multiple instances. My prior experience has mainly been development using Pro C and PL/SQL, with only a smaller exposure into the dba area. I've just finished a masters degree in Environment, but getting a research position is proving difficult, so I'm thinking of heading back to the IT area again, and thought that getting an oracle dba certification might be a good way.

See Ya
(when bandwidth gets better ;-)

Chris Eastwood
Photographer, Programmer
Motorcyclist and dingbat

please remove undies for reply Received on Sat Feb 02 2008 - 01:53:57 CST

Original text of this message