Re: Tom Kyte's book obsolescence

From: csn <>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 22:07:26 -0800 (PST)

I've noticed something similar in a few analytic SQLs that I run, ie the non-analytic versions run faster. The non-analytic versions actually required more logical I/Os, but consume less CPU and runs faster.

Since I'm only dealing with a few, I can't really say how representative this is across the board. But to be fair, there are things possible with analytics that are just impractical without. On the other hand, I'm not surprised that improvements in I/O have made a difference, so maybe it is on the tasklist of developers to tackle analytics next, maybe in 12g. Received on Sat Feb 02 2008 - 00:07:26 CST

Original text of this message