Outer join in database link query to Sybase

From: Vince <vinnyop_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 16:04:23 -0800 (PST)

I have a need to query records from a Sybase database running on Linux (32-bit) and am using Oracle 10.2.0.3 with generic connectivity (no specific heterogeneous service for Sybase on Linux). We have installed an ODBC driver on the Oracle server and can query the Sybase database without difficulty except for outer joins.

I have tried using both the Oracle syntax and the ANSI syntax. Both return results that are consistent with using an inner join. The ANSI query, run directly against the Sybase database returns the correct data.

I was looking into the possibility of using dbms_hs_passthrough, but it does not appear to be part of the generic connectivity.

Is there a better/right way of doing this?

Thanks,
Vince Received on Fri Feb 01 2008 - 18:04:23 CST

Original text of this message