Re: Walk-in interviews in Boostrap on 2rd, 3rd and 4th Feb 2008

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 13:58:43 -0800 (PST)

http://dba-oracle.blogspot.com/2005/07/burleson-dress-code-becomes.html

But actually I was referring to http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003535398_coffeegirls22e.html

> >  India has its own laws and customs, and
> > is welcome to them.  cdos has no laws, but it has customs, and not
> > posting job ads is one of them.
>
> Absolutely.
>
> > Violating one countries laws in another country is a whole subject
> > unto itself (but see foreign section ofhttp://www.eeoc.gov/policy/adea.html
> > ).  But abusing workers in one country to benefit corporations in
> > another country and get around worker protection laws is a moral
> > issue.
>
> Outsourcing is a whole subject in itself.  I believe IT companies that
> outsource their development to other countries are not doing themselves
> a favor.  After all this is a core competence and I would not easily
> give that away.  Let alone all the issues with multi time zone work and
> communication.

And don't forget, India lost half it's bandwidth when two cables got cut in the Mediterranean.

> > I suspect some Euro laws on the subject are more stringent than the US
> > law.
>
> Probably, but OTOH it is totally common to ship a picture with your
> resume over here in Germany - something I have been told which is
> totally unacceptable in the US.  But we are on a good way, we have an
> anti discrimination law here which might show similar effects over time.

Here, many people are too stupid not to post incriminating pix on myspace!

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
I gotta find a good set of Norwegian horns for my jgar the jorrible