Re: Walk-in interviews in Boostrap on 2rd, 3rd and 4th Feb 2008

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 11:04:50 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 1, 12:22 am, Robert Klemme <shortcut..._at_googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 1, 4:02 am, Galen Boyer <galen_bo..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Just out of curiosity (I'm not a US citizen): what law is he
> > > violating?
>
> > Right in the offer:
>
> >   Desired Profile
> >   Age should be less than 35 years
>
> Ah, I see.  It's the age.  Thanks!
>
> robert

Yeah, simply advertising sex or age discrimination probably isn't a problem, but actually doing it and getting caught is big time. There are exemptions for certain occupations - no one would want to see me in a topless drive-through coffee bar, I'm sure - but technical Oracle work sure isn't one of them. India has its own laws and customs, and is welcome to them. cdos has no laws, but it has customs, and not posting job ads is one of them.

Violating one countries laws in another country is a whole subject unto itself (but see foreign section of http://www.eeoc.gov/policy/adea.html ). But abusing workers in one country to benefit corporations in another country and get around worker protection laws is a moral issue.

I suspect some Euro laws on the subject are more stringent than the US law.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.  "What many here object to is being "told" by some
snotty-nosed head hunter they have to demonstrate their "commitment"