Re: Insufficient privileges

From: Arun Mathur <>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 07:30:33 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 31, 8:11 pm, "" <> wrote:
> I am using my Username (Jones) to login to Oracle 9i Database. Once
> logged in I can create tables, add records and edit records in a
> Schema called City. The issue is I cant delete a record in the tables
> located in the City schema. I get the message "Ora-01031 -
> insufficient privileges".
> DBA says it might be a problem with client OEM or SQL Plus. Please
> advise what can be done to allow me to delete a record in the City
> Schema.

This sounds like a situation where someone has been "drafted" to become a DBA, rather than someone well versed in Oracle. I've seen situations like this before. It hampers productivity. The error you presented is one that a DBA should not only resolve rather quickly, but feel comfortable explaining the solution. Moving forward, I would highly recommended you give the pass on a link to the Oracle documentation:

Good luck.

Arun Received on Fri Feb 01 2008 - 09:30:33 CST

Original text of this message