ora-1555 and delayed block cleanout

From: Chuck <skilover_nospam_at_bluebottle.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 14:28:23 GMT

Is there a way to verify that an ora-1555 is being caused by delayed block cleanout? I have a query that failed after 13000 seconds. The undo_retention is set to 28800 and v$undostat does not show any anything in UNXPSTEALCNT during the query. I suspect it was caused by delayed block cleanout but would like a way to categorically prove it.

Is there a v$sysstat parameter that counts delayed block cleanouts? There's a bunch the include cleanout in the name but I haven't found clear descriptions of them. Is "deferred (CURRENT) block cleanout applications" the same as delayed block cleanouts?

DB version is 10.2.0.3 Received on Fri Feb 01 2008 - 08:28:23 CST

Original text of this message