Re: How to optimize server for cartesian join?

From: Jack <none_at_INVALIDmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:18:24 GMT

<fitzjarrell_at_cox.net> wrote in message
news:17ab5b69-4d79-4da6-af83-b30852459c87_at_e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com... On Jan 31, 1:02 am, "Jack" <n..._at_INVALIDmail.com> wrote:
> We have business need to do some countings.
>
> It is using MERGE JOIN [CARTESIAN], it will go fast with 10.000 count, but
> with 200.000 end sum it will take very long time.
> It is using Reports 6i (a bit old;)
>
> It does utilize very complez views etc, and plan is long as you would
> assume.
> I am not going to send plan.
>
> One solution would be redesing it, but not quite sure it would help.
>
> Server is 9.2.0.8 (multi prosessor, quite good one), parameters are now
> very
> small, and
> not optimized.
>
> Is there some good parameters in server side which could help?

Who could know? No one here, not with the details you presented (or, more appropriately, failed to present). If you're not going to post the explain plan and the init.ora parameters you do have set then you're really on your own.

Oracle Corp. has stopped distributing crystal balls to DBAs.

David Fitzjarrell

Ora parameters are more or less in default-values.

Oracle Corp. does deliver time machines , and at least I got also crystal ball ;)

I assume that cartesian join uses pga-memory, perhaps some paraller paramers migth be also usefull. Received on Thu Jan 31 2008 - 08:18:24 CST

Original text of this message